Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Round!






This picture has been posted before, but it just seems so appropriate for what our son-in-law is going through. He is now on his third round of treatment for Kidney cancer. The "thumbs up" just seem to go along with his upbeat sense of humor and attitude. He is not feeling too well tonight, but has had his third treatment of the week so it all goes with the series of injections. He is so many different reactions after receiving the injection, but puts up a fight till he just can't take anymore. His treatments so far have proved to be on a very good plus side...so our prayers are he will be healed soon from this dreadful disease. Prayers still very much appreciated! (funny, in this picture he is sitting at my computer amongst my mess and doll bodies..but the pic is worth a thousand words)!




I was so excited to see my Redbud tree finally in bloom! We had a huge weeping birch tree in that location, which we planted when we built our home 34 years ago and I LOVED that tree!! I couldn't imagine my back yard without it...and all the shade it provided. I fought my hubby for several years as he wanted it removed due to rot in the center. It was a clump birch and it began rotting in the base. But, one day I was watching the granddaughters playing in the back yard and thought..wouldn't be awful if a big trunk suddenly just fell on one of them! So...after thinking it over I conceded. We immediately purchased this Redbud tree and now I really like it..and our yard seems to do so much better with more light. Not sure what that round circle is in my picture!! LOL...but my hubby sat the birdbath on the old stump...laughed at that but sort of neat!! Now I have to get out there and clean up all the old debris from last year and get started on planting for the summer.


I finally sold my last rabbit so thought...maybe I will try one more..so finished this one up today and got it listed tonight. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked a couple hours later and I had a bid already! I was sure no one would want her..she is quite prim! I do like the angel part of her though. I have lowered my prices alot lately but they seem to be slowly selling so something is better than nothing! I may do a couple more things and then need to get on my supply for the Christmas Goose, a huge two sale in the fall held here locally. I usually try to get around 300 items made so need to get on it early. Then, need to come up with something for my shop....haven't a clue what at this point!

Will return with the latest on Brian...hopefully he can tolerate a few more rounds before he comes home. He has a week off then back for his final series.

No comments: