Saturday, May 30, 2009

Has it really been that long!!!!



OMG...I can't believe it has been so long since I posted! Deb has been telling me to update....but never realized it was my birthday when I last put something on! Can I blame it on age???!!!





We just got back from a wonderful visit with to Oregon to see our daughter, Deb and family. Our grandson, Shane, will be leaving for the Air Force in a few weeks so wanted to see him before he goes off to bootcamp. Seems it wasn't that long ago when he was climbing into my kitchen drawers, putting rocks in the lawn mower, the kitten in with the rabbit, cookies in the fish bowl...and more! Now look at him..grown up and so handsome!!

This was taken at Silver Falls. We had a nice day, climbing up to the falls and just enjoying the nice weather. No rain and just right temps! Laresa and Seth came along too which was nice.































On Memorial Day Deb and Steve took us for a nice drive to the ocean and Shore Acres, which is a beautiful park where they were married. Once again the weather was so nice and clear. I do love the rain but it was nice to go for a drive with no rain or clouds.













Deb and I did some antique shopping on Tuesday. We had to take hubby along but he behaved pretty well...so we put up with him for a few shops....then took him home and ventured on to a few more shops. We didn't find anything major but had a nice time. Deb did find some nice old blankets for her wonderful santas.

We left on Wednesday for California. It is a long trip, but broke it up with a trip to Costco before going over the border...no taxes!!



We found our kittens had really grown and changed in the few days we were gone! They went from being in the corner with mommy cat to running all over. They are cute but tell me.....what am I going to do with them!!??? Not sure I can find homes for all three...although I think we may keep the siamese..not sure yet. I think it all depends on how much trouble they get into!!!






Deb gave me a wonderful planter for a hanging plant. Yesterday I found this beautiful hanging plant and love how it looks!! Now the hard part....keeping it looking this way with the heat...and the bugs from eating the flowers!!

















1 comment:

Dollgiver said...

Yes it had been that long since you blogged!!! Finally new pics on there!! Gosh those kittens are so cute and will be so much fun to play with if you still have them when I come down. The flower basket you bought is beautiful... I think you will have luck with it in the doorwary other than the heat in the hot part of the summer... just dont forget to water it!! lol