Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where does the time go!!















It is hard to believe I was posting about my birthday...and somehow it is after Mother's Day so figure I had better post a few things here! By the way, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Started off going to church. Afterwards we, along with daughter and familly, went to our favorite restaurant..Original Petes!! I had their wonderful veggie sandwich...to die for! In the afternoon we went to our daughter and son-in-laws for dessert and several games of pinochle. The granddaughters play too so we played call for a partner...fun!! Of course, I received gifts!! The kids all went together and gave me a basket full of goodies, lotions, candles, body sprays, etc. A gift card for a manicure and a gift card for a plant. Hubby gave me money and dinner out...so can't complain!!! Oh...and can't forget the orchid corsage he bought me for church.
The girls also made Rhonda and I this huge drawing...Happy Mother's Day! So sweet!




Yesterday I had the girls after school so they took pictures of the busy hummingbirds!! We have one feeder in front and three in back, which I have to fill up approximately every other day! We had around a dozen flying around yesterday when this was taken. I buy sugar by the 25lbs!!



We also took some pictures of the kittens, which are growing so quickly! I am still trying to get my kids to take one!! If they only lived closer!!! I know I could get Deb to take one since she has such a soft heart for cats!! Of course, I am sure Linda would take one or two if she lived closer!




I also took some pictures of my clematis while it is so pretty....and the peony bush. Typically we get a high wind about this time of year and it manages to do a number on my clematis. Often the same happens with my peony, but so far so good this year! I still have half flats of impatiens, dianthus and begonias to plant so need to get out there before it gets too late. These seem to be the only plants those pesky slugs don't eat!!

I did manage to get this little pincushion finished up yesterday so put him in my shoppe. Now to get on with my Christmas for the Goose! Hard to get into the mood but have to do it now before my year is gone before I realize it!

No comments: