Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Almost finished for the year!







Finally finished up my last santa for the year! I had found this wonderful old wool blanket while in Oregon a few weeks ago...so just had to make a santa out of him this year. I love this time of year....and making the Christmas dolls. The problem is, I am in a large craft show so spend most of my time sewing for that...which leaves little time for ebay etc. My promise to myself every year is...start making Christmas right after the New Year! Well...we all know that doesn't happen! I do want a few days to finish up the last minute things...wrapping presents and finishing up my cards so have to put sewing aside.


This jolly old santa adorns our neighbors front yard and has for years....sort of a tradition. Last year we had a nasty storm and when he didn't appear this year I thought...oh no guess he won't go up this year! But....to my joy he did appear on Sunday when we returned home from church. Not sure of the exact story about him but think he was from an old filling station probably in the 40's or 50's! I just love him and thought I had better get a picture of him this year as surely one day he will not appear!
Hope you are all having a blessed Christmas season...till next time!

2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey there, I just left you an award on my blog...please stop by to collect..:)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi Shirley all you need to do is save the Tag Photo and when you link someone..type their name and highlight it and then hyperlink it to their blog address..it really is easy..(now that I know how to do it)..lol..have a good one...
Gina ;)