Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where do I begin!!







What a past week it has been!!! On Thursday my daughter JoAnn arrived from Indiana. She rented a car so visited with me a short time then went over to my daughters home in town. She would spend the night there, then on Friday my daughter Deb arrived from Oregon. They had come to surprise their dad for his birthday. Anyway, come Friday evening the three daughters and myself were planning his arrival home from work when I hear a knock on the door! I remember thinking, who in the heck can that be!! I didn't see the Jeep in the driveway so thought it was a neighbor or a salesman. I open the door and there stands my son (from Indiana) saying "Hi Mom"!!! Now I am the one surprised!!! I can't believe my eyes!! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see him! You can see my surprised look! Anyway, then their dad arrives home and sets down his ice chest...goes in and takes off his shoes when I tell him he needs to come into the kitchen to see what happened and that I hoped he wouldn't be upset with me when he saw what happened! So...he goes in and the look was priceless!!! Needless to say it was a big shock but a good one! After our son-in-law Brian was the next surprised victim, we were all to the local mexican restaurant to eat and share our time together!


The next morning we were off to the quaint little towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City for shopping and fun. We stayed at a wonderful Holiday Inn Express...had three rooms so accomodated all of us quite well. That night we had a great dinner at the Kane, then on to a play "Santaland Diaries". After we had returned to the motel the girls, James and I sat in one room and laughed and reminsed! The next morning we had a great continental breakfast at the motel then shopped a little more then returned home. Sadly James had to return early Monday morning and shortly after Deb began her journey home also. She drove so was a 8 hr drive for her. JoAnn stayed until today so had a little more time with her. All in all, we had a wonderful time with all four of our kids at home together. Also, I know you have read Deb's post about our son-in-law having cancer, so that was also a time to be together as a family. James's wife Linda stayed home with the kids but also posted about Brian on her blog (Simple Tresures) Please keep him in your prayers as he is testing and will hopefully begin an extensive clinical trial treatment. What a blessing it was to have all four children home at the same time...something we once took for granted! Now on to my sewing...addressing cards...and the list goes on!!!













No comments: